Thanks for contacting us! We will get in touch with you shortly. You can schedule a pickup at your preferred date, time, and address below.
What if my rug is NOT Oriental?
Each of our services and treatments are specifically tailored to the type of rug in order to bring it to it’s best possible condition. If the services exceed the value of your rug, we will let you know and provide you with alternative options that will help you make the right decision.
Would washing it again cause wear on the rug?
Washing would not cause wear to the rug. In fact the opposite is true. I dirty rug can cause the rug wear more rapidly. Dirt molecules in the fibers along with traffic, causes the dirt to scrape the fiber weakening that area. With a wash those dirt molecules are removed, the fibers are softer and helps retain the wear of the rug.
What type of rugs do you wash?
We wash and clean all types of area rugs including, Navajo, Karastans, Shag rugs, braided rug, needle point, Flokati Sheep skin, Oriental rugs, Persian rugs, Antiques and others!
How long does it take for a rug to get washed?
At Oriental Rug and Carpet Clinic, we thoroughly inspect each rug prior to cleaning. Some require additional washes or un-dusting which takes longer than usual. Generally we are able to return the rug in about a week or two. A larger size rug takes more time in the drying process and can take up to 3 weeks. For information on the each process/step we perform, check out our process page.
Do you offer pickup/ delivery services?
Yes. We can come out and collect your rugs, once the rugs are ready and completed from all treatments, we deliver the rugs back and help lay them out in the space. Schedule pick up
How to judge, if my rugs needs cleaning?
These simple steps should help in determining whether your rug needs cleaning or not:
- Pick up a corner of the rug and while holding it, kick the back of the rug sharply. If a cloud of dirt flies out of the pile, the rug is dirty and needs cleaning. NOTE: some dust and wool fibers are normal!
- Kneel down on the rug and rub the pile vigorously with your hand in a short arc for 5 to 10 seconds.
- Look at your fingers and palm: if your hand is dirty, the rug needs cleaning.
- With the pile facing UP fold part of the rug back upon itself so that the pile opens along a line of knots.
- Look down into the base of the pile at the foundation of the rug. If the warp and weft look dirty, there is dirt deep in the pile where a home vacuum cleaner cannot reach it. The rug needs cleaning.
- If the rug has odor coming from it, it needs cleaning.
- After a long period of storage the rug and accumulate dirt and in some cases wool eating moths. Thus after storing a rug, it is a great habit to get you rug washed thoroughly to remove any dirt or moths.
- Stains and spills, if you rug contains stains it best to get it treated right away to ensure the rug does not get permanent color damage. You may not need a wash if the stains and spills are taken care of in a timely manner. The best solution for stains and spills is to use our recommended Oriental Area Rug Stain Lifter which you can order by clicking here.
How often should I get my rugs washed?
This will depend on the amount of traffic the rug takes. For example, an entryway rug or a rug in the kitchen area tends to need a thorough un-dusting and wash every 12-16 months. If your rug gets a pet stain or a wine spill, it needs to be treated immediately. Areas where less people go should be cleaned every 3-4 years.
Check out the Rug Care Tips section for further information on what you need to look for and know when a rug needs a wash.
Do I need a rug pad? and if so how to install a rug pad?
A rug pad offers a cushion and keeps the rug from skidding and sliding. If you feel your rug is moving becoming a trip hazard you will need to place a pad under you rug. The pad can also provide protection to looser woven rug by helping in keeping the rug knots intact specially in a high traffic area.
There are different types of pads available in the market. We recommend the dual multi-surface pad. This pad does not have any rubber, and thus can not disintegrate and cause small dirt particles under your rug. <strong>If you like to order pads for your rugs please call us at 720.998.8877</strong>
Below is a video that will show you a step by step process of installing your rug pad.
Is there a way to protect my rug from sun fade?
Sunlight can be detrimental to your rug, continual exposure to sunlight will eventually cause color fading and reduce the fiber strength. Try to limit sun exposure where possible, by adding sheers and drapes over the windows, also rotate the rug 180 degrees every 12 months to get even fade. We also offer UV Protection that we can apply to the rug. This will help in keeping the rugs original colors bright and keep the fibers protected from wear and stains. Call us about our UV Protection
Can you ship my rug to a different state?
Yes. We properly pack and ship rugs anywhere in the states. If you have a rug that needs to be properly cleaned or repaired that is in a different state you can ship the rug to our facility:
Oriental Rug & Carpet Clinic
6901 W 117th Ave #6
Broomfield CO 80020
Do you deal with insurance claims?
Insurance companies rely on our expertise when it comes to evaluating the rug. We provide a documented appraisal that determines the value of the rug. If your rugs have been water damaged in a flood and you have an insurance claim, we will work with you and the insurance company to make sure your rugs are back to looking fresh and clean.